Sonoma County Criminal Defense Lawyers
When it comes to professional services, it is common knowledge that experience counts. Professionals who put the time into honing their craft and skills through demanding work and consistent practice usually end up with invaluable insight, understanding, and the ability to get results in their field. This is as true in the practice of law as anywhere else.
When you retain representation from Wilber Law Offices, P.C., we put the whole team onto your case using all the experiences, talents, skills, and resources of our capable Sonoma County criminal defense attorneys. We begin by listening to your story, and understanding your needs, concerns, and goals so we can represent you as the unique individual you are.
Whether through negotiations with the other side or by taking your case to court, we will relentlessly fight for your best interests, freedom, and future. As seasoned trial attorneys, we will never back down from litigation should that be the appropriate action to take on your behalf.
Our Sonoma County criminal defense lawyers know that facing the criminal justice system is stressful and uncertain. That is why you need an advocate on your side whose sole responsibility is to fight for what is best for you. Whether you are under investigation for criminal activity, have been arrested, or charged, our team is ready to respond to your situation with critical advice, ongoing support, and practical legal strategies designed to increase your chance of securing a successful outcome.
If you want to learn more about how the DUI process works, click here to view our easy to navigate diagram.
“I just went through the painstaking process of getting a DUI in Sonoma County. Ryan Wilber and his team did an amazing job in making this process go as smooth as possible.” - Beau K.
“If you need legal help I fully recommend them! If your looking for an experienced trial lawyer this is the team you want to hire.” - William H.
“He helped my life become easier and more manageable after I messed up by making reckless decisions.” - E. D.
Penalties for Criminal Charges in California
The penalties for criminal charges in California vary depending on the severity of the offense. Here are some of the most common criminal charges and their penalties in California:
- Misdemeanor offenses: These are less serious crimes, such as petty theft or disorderly conduct, and typically carry a penalty of up to one year in county jail, a fine of up to $1,000, or both.
- Felony offenses: These are more serious crimes, such as murder or rape, and carry a penalty of more than one year in state prison, a fine of up to $10,000, or both.
- DUI (Driving Under the Influence): For a first-time DUI offense, the penalty can include up to six months in jail, a fine of up to $1,000, and a six-month suspension of your driver's license. Subsequent offenses can lead to longer jail time, higher fines, and longer license suspensions.
- Domestic violence: A first-time offense can carry a penalty of up to one year in county jail, a fine of up to $2,000, and completion of a batterer's treatment program. Subsequent offenses can lead to longer jail time and higher fines.
- Drug offenses: The penalties for drug offenses depend on the type and amount of drug involved. Possession of a small amount of marijuana for personal use is typically a misdemeanor offense, while possession of other drugs or larger amounts can be a felony offense with more severe penalties.
It's important to note that these penalties are not set in stone and can vary depending on the circumstances of the case, the defendant's criminal history, and other factors.
Contact our Sonoma County criminal defense attorneys if you are facing criminal charges!